He just won't let us forget about his existence.
According to preliminary reporting by the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Brett Favre is signing with the Vikings today. From the internet rumor mill (IRM), the deal is supposedly one year, $12 million.
My thoughts -- I've really grown to dislike Brett Favre because of his role as NFL's official front page drama llama, but it's probably a good (very) short-term move for the Vikings if they're banking on the Kurt Warner effect. In the long run, I think they're hurting Tarvaris Jackson's ego and prolonging his development. Despite his consistently mediocre performance, he did show some flashes of potential last season. We'll just have to wait and see how it goes, but I'm glad this circus is happening in a division that I generally don't give a damn about.
If nothing, I guess San Francisco can pick him up after his next retirement.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The only way to keep this attention whore out of football and our lives is to have ESPN stop talking about him. He just couldn't deal with not seeing 46 Brett Favre stories per day on SportsCenter. All of those other sports and athletes bored him.
I have always hated Brett Favre. He sent the Patriots to their second Superbowl defeat, and has since been a bonafide tool. Make up your freakin mind. The Vikings set a July 30th deadline for him at which point he decides "I'm done." Now this sorry ass loser gets to stroll into camp three weeks before the season starts... unbelievable.
Why do the Vikings even want this guy? And moreover, why are you paying him $10-12 million this year!? He's far from the elite passer he was in 1997. Last year he lead the league in picks and was 21st in passer rating. He isn't mobile, has a face that makes me want to hit him with a 2 by 4, and has killed his teams' seasons each of the past two seasons. Remember that ugly pick he through against the Giants to seal the NFC championship game two seasons ago? Yeah, ugly.
Shame on you Vikings for destroying any confidence your two quarterbacks had that actually were ya know... attending camp. You are now my least favorite team in the NFL. I would rather have Michael Vick babysit my dog [if I had a dog] than watch you play for my team Brett.
Shame on you ESPN for giving a crap about all of this and wasting my time.
And most of all- Shame on you Brett. You suck.
Thank you.
Post a Comment